GENERAL: The "Girl Scouts Speak Out!" website is a web-based upload and voting tool where registered participants upload video or images or text that outline a script or idea or storyboard for a Public Service Announcement (referred to as a "submission"), based on a theme specified by GSUSA. The Top 5 PSA ideas will be selected primarily based on user votes. GSUSA will choose a winning submission to be professionally-produced although the winning submission may be from outside of the top 5 vote recipients.
- Entrants must be girls 18 or under.
- This promotion does not involve the awarding of a prize, payment or service of value. GSUSA will use a winning idea or completed PSA as the basis for creating a professionally-produced PSA for any purpose within GSUSA's sole discretion.
- No purchase or payment of any kind is required to register.
- Parents or authorized adults can submit on behalf of an individual girl or a group of girls under 13.
- Entrants, or parents or other authorized adults (on behalf of entrants) must register with the "Girl Scouts Speak Out!" site.
- Any visitor to the "Girl Scouts Speak Out!" website may vote on their favorite entry.
- Registration is not required to vote on an entry.
- One vote per person per treatment per user session.
- You may submit as many different submissions as you would like.
- The 5 entries that receive the highest number of votes ("Likes") will be selected as the "Top 5".
- GSUSA will, at its discretion, choose the submission that will be professionally produced. GSUSA will take into account the Top 5 entries and popularity of entries in choosing finalists, but will make its final selection on producing the PSA based on the following factors: clarity, relevance to the proposed theme, ease, cost and feasibility of professionally producing the idea and any other factor GSUSA deems relevant to production. GSUSA reserves the right to choose a submission that was not in the Top 5, based on the factors above or to not choose any submission if it deems, in its sole discretion, that it is not feasible to do so for a particular theme.
- By entering a submission , each entrant grants GSUSA and its affiliates, a non-exclusive, sub-licensable, royalty-free, fully paid license and right, without limitation or further permission or compensation, to use, reproduce, publish, display, distribute, develop, make derivative works from and otherwise exploit the entry, including the winning submission , for any commercial or non-commercial purposes in any manner and in any medium now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity. GSUSA may develop a professionally produced PSA inspired by the winning submission. Entrants agree not to instigate, support, maintain or authorize any action, or lawsuit against GSUSA on the ground that any use of their entries infringes any of their rights as creators of such entries.
- None of the entry information submitted by participants will be treated as confidential, so please do not submit proprietary information. Entrants further agree that personally identifiable information may be processed, stored, and otherwise used for the purposes of the "Girls Speak Out!" website promotions, including, but not limited to, checking participant's identity, postal address, and telephone number, or to otherwise verify eligibility to participate.
- The winning submission may be chosen to be made into a professionally-produced Public Service Announcement. There are no guarantees about where or when it will be shown or broadcast. By entering a submission at the "Girl Scouts Speak Out!" website, entrants grant GSUSA and its affiliates, the rights, without limitation or further permission or compensation, to use and publish their name and likeness for promotional, advertising, publicity and marketing purposes in any manner and in any medium now known or hereafter devised throughout the world in perpetuity. Winners' full names, and city and state/province/country of residence and their Ideas may be featured on the "Girl Scouts Speak Out!" website.
- GSUSA reserves the right to not choose any submission as a winner.
- An entrant's selection as a winning PSA is conditioned upon the winner's parent or guardian signing (i) a license to use the submission consistent with paragraph 12 above and (ii) a publicity release consistent with item 14 above.
- The ideas you submit must be your own! Original ideas only. Modifying, enhancing, or altering a third-party's pre-existing work does not constitute an original work. Ideas submitted shall not: (i) violate the intellectual property rights (copyright, patent, trademark, etc.) of any third party; (ii) defame or invade the publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased; or (iii) otherwise infringe upon any person's or entity's personal or proprietary rights. By submitting a PSA idea, you represent to GSUSA that you have obtained all necessary consents, releases and permissions for use of your PSA idea in accordance with this Agreement
- We don't allow entries that promote or glorify hatred, violence, racial, sexual, or religious intolerance, or promote organizations with such views. We'll also remove listings that graphically portray graphic violence or victims of violence, unless they have substantial social, artistic, or political value.
- We carefully consider all the details before deciding to remove such entries when they're brought to our attention, looking at the entire posting to see if it goes against our guidelines. However, we may remove any entry we determine violates our guidelines, at our discretion.
- It is against the rules to falsely report a posting as inappropriate, and a user who does that is subject to being blocked from the site.
- BY SUBMITTING A PSA IDEA, ENTRANTS SHALL RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS GSUSA AND ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, PROFESSIONAL ADVISORS, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTIONAL AGENCIES, AND DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AND EMPLOYEES THEREOF, FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, INJURIES, LOSS, DAMAGE, EXPENSES, OR LIABILITIES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE GIRLS SPEAK OUT WEBSITE, PARTICIPANTS' ENTRY OF A PSA IDEATO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. IN NO EVENT WILL GSUSA BE LIABLE TO A PARTICIPANT FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE GIRL SCOUTS SPEAK OUT WEBSITE, WHETHER OR NOT GSUSA HAS BEEN ADVISED, HAD REASON TO KNOW, OR IN FACT KNEW OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE.
- If you have question regarding the "Girl Scouts Speak Out!" process, please contact us at webeditors at girlscouts.org, or use the Contact Us form.
Entries are accepted until 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time of the date specified for each theme. Voting closes at 11:59 PM Eastern Standard Time of the date specified for each theme.